If you have ever owned a pet who has feathery hairs, then, you must be familiar with nasty bug fleas. They eventually live on with your furry friend. They also hide inside the fabric of your carpets or on your other upholstery items. There are many ways of flea control. But while doing it you need to be patient as it takes around a month to do flea control completely. In this article, we are going to cover 7 hacks for getting rid of fleas from your home, pets, or from your yards too.
- Vacuum your home: It is very important that you vacuum your home regularly if you want to prevent the infestation of fleas. Regular vacuuming in a proper manner all over your home will definitely work. You need to give some focus to flea control. It cleans all the flea dirt from your homes like feces or fleas. You should clean all the corners or crevices to ensure that no flea remains in your home. After cleaning, throw the vacuum bag outside far away from your home.
- Steam clean carpets or furniture: You need to be very serious while doing flea control. You have to steam clean your carpets or furniture which is one of the most preferred methods of knocking fleas or other pests from home. Fleas lay around 40-50 eggs every single day. These can be a big issue for you. And if not removed in time, then, flea control will be very tough. For that you have to hire professionals to remove them. Well, for steam cleaning, professional help is recommended.
- Wash your beddings in hot water: If you want to get rid of fleas, then, you should wash your beddings in warm water. Remove all the coverings from your bed or pillows and from other upholstery items too. Then, after removing, clean or wash them with warm water or soap, and dry them using hot dryers. It is recommended by professionals that you should clean or wash your beddings at least once every week.
- Spot- treat your home with insecticide spray: You might have flea larvae in your home and it is very important that you remove them. And for flea control to remove flea larvae you should use any insecticide spray which is available on the market. Rather than cleaning the whole carpet, you can just spot-treat your home with insecticide spray.
- Set up some flea traps: You can also set up flea traps for getting rid of fleas and for setting up the trap you can use soapy water. Place it under a lamp. It will attract the fleas and they will get trapped and drown in the soapy water and they will die. There are many flea traps available in the market which you can use and they work very well.
- Apply essential oils to problem areas: There are many herbal oils that you can use for flea control. Ointments of clove or cinnamon are very effective. All you have to do is to apply the oils in the areas where you have noticed the fleas infestation.
- Sprinkle diatomaceous earth in corners: Fleas easily die when they come in contact with diatomaceous earth, so, for Pest Control Kellyville, you can rely on diatomaceous earth, just sprinkle it in the corners of your home.
So, these are the 7 hacks for getting rid of fleas. The above hacks will be very helpful for you to do the pest control & pest inspection.